Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet Mordecai

 Say hello to Mordecai, who recently joined the family. We've become roomates he and I. He likes hanging out on my book basket and eating the cookies I left for him.
I first met Mordecai while mowing the lawn a few days ago. He hopped out (hopped because he can't fly) from under the pine tree, and onto my deck. I spent the next bloody hour trying to catch him...
I won't go into detail on that but, long story short, he got away. I was sure that he was a goner then. And that the neighborhood cats would've eaten him. But:
A few days later a few girls from my neighborhood brought him to me in a box. So while I don't get to cross "catch a bird" off my bucket list and I don't know how long he's staying, he's here for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment