Sunday, April 7, 2013

List

There was a time:
I prayed for wings,
felt lucky to be born young,
thought five minutes was an eternity,
dreamed every night,
cried for a dog,
hated my sister,
was afraid of my basement,
measured time in "Arthur" episodes,
understood very little,
knew what I wanted and,
believed we all wanted the same things, and
Thought I knew everything.

I realize that flying would take fun out of falling,
learned that not everyone is born a child,
feel the stop and go of time in good times and bad,
dream occasionally, and am grateful for the ones I remember,
share the dog with my family (except when he pees in the house)
got my own room, and love my sister,
bring my dog with me to the basement,
am 297,840 "Arthur" episodes old,
use urban dictionary,
want nothing but strive for everything,
realize we don't all have the privelage to want
and know what I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment